If you’ve ever dreamed of having your very own vegetable garden, then you’re in luck! Believe it or not, getting a garden started and keeping it happy has never been easier. You just need the right online resources and tips to guide you through this simple process. Then, you will be harvesting fresh veggies all summer long and maybe even into fall!
Where Will Your Garden Grow Best?
When it comes to growing a bountiful garden, it’s all about location. These are a few tried and true methods for turning the spot you pick into a productive garden.
- As you choose a location for your new vegetable garden, think about how much sun, wind, and water potential spots in your yard get each day.
- Once you have a good spot picked out, you don’t have to dig in order to get the soil prepped and healthy for your veggies.
- It’s also possible to grow vegetables in apartments if you lack outdoor space.
What Gardening Tools Will You Need?
Finding a good spot in your home or yard is a good start to growing a garden, but you may also want to pick up a few basic tools to help you care for your plant babies.
- While you may not need to dig, having a few quality tools can be crucial for keeping your new garden lush and healthy.
- In addition to a shovel, you may also want to pick up some helpful weeding tools.
- Additionally, you may want to invest some money in a durable, lightweight hose.
- To protect your hands while using your tools also invest in some good gardening gloves.
- A wide-brimmed hat can also be essential for protecting your face from too much sun.
How Should You Start Your Garden?
With tools in hand, a good spot picked out you are all set to get started growing your garden! Just be sure to keep a few beginning gardener tips in mind as you do.
- If this is your first time growing a garden, try to pick low-maintenance vegetables.
- Getting veggies started from seeds is the most economical way to grow a garden.
- To improve your odds of success, you can also opt for buying starter plants
- Another savvy and sustainable trick is to grow veggies from scraps.
- Companion planting your veggies and flowers can also help your garden thrive.
How Can You Keep Your Plants Healthy?
Getting your plants into the ground is only half of the battle. Providing the right amount of attention and care during the growing season is essential for gardening success.
- If you want to nourish your plants, try adding nutrient-rich scraps to your soil, which can include crushed eggshells or leftover coffee grounds.
- Watering at the right times can also make a difference in the quality of your vegetables.
- To make watering easier, you could pick up a smart controller for your irrigation system.
- Timing your harvest right can also ensure you get the best out of your edible garden.
Healthy soil and plenty of sun can help you grow a garden but having the right tips and tricks can help you grow your most productive vegetable garden yet! So, take the guesswork out of getting your new garden started by using this guide to maximize your yields and your success.